At Langley we are committed to the long-term future of our clients and take a person-centred approach to caring for people with convictions. With services across the country, we are registered with the Care Quality Commission to deliver personal care and often support complex placements that have broken down with other providers.
Our services are unique in their capacity to house adult males with complex health and social care needs, as well as managing high levels of risk.
Staff are trained to combine a caring, responsive approach with excellent risk management, supporting people with multiple and complex needs.
We offer a culture in which good therapeutic relationships are highly valued, and where trained psychologists work with staff and clients on-site.
Individual care plans are developed for each client promoting movement towards independence where suitable, in a place they can feel safe and at home.
We have 8 services across England providing CQC registered care. Click the links to learn more.
- Ashdene – Wakefield
- Chatterton Hey – Bury
- House of St Martin – Taunton
- Longcroft – Lancaster
- Mariposa House – London
- Park View – Fleetwood
- The Knole – Cheltenham
- The Shrubbery – Kent
Locations on the map are approximate
Our CQC registered care services support men with multiple and complex needs, including:
- challenging behaviours and mild to moderate learning disabilities
- complex mental health issues, including diagnoses of mental illness or personality disorders
- substance misuse challenges
- personal and physical care needs including mobility
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- Multi Agency Public Protection Arrangements (MAPPA)
- difficult offending behaviour histories
- a high risk of harm and/or re-offending
All clients have their own room, and all meals are provided, with in-house chefs able to cater for dietary requirements. Services also offer a range of on-site and local activities to engage clients and develop life-skills.
Additional support includes:
- 24/7 one-to-one staff support for clients requiring additional care due to risk or needs
- 24-hour waking staff with CCTV and a single point of entry
- secure step-down services for those under mental health sections (e.g. section 41, section 117)
- comprehensive, responsive assessment and management of risks and need
- dedicated key workers
- education, training and employability skills interventions
- a range of tailored accommodation, plus housing options for those in wheelchairs or with limited mobility
- domiciliary care in move-on accommodation for clients
- information sharing agreement with the Ministry of Justice
Funding for our care services comes through Adult Social Care and S117 eligibility, and clients are typically placed with us from the prison and hospital estates, as well as directly from the community.
Get In Touch
If you have a query please fill in the contact form, or to get in touch with our care team directly please contact:
Kelechi Kalu on 07979 500 784 or email@example.com
If you wish to discuss a referral before completing an application or to discuss any aspect of our care services, please contact:
Simon May, Head of Client Risk and Care Referrals on 07799 895 569 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Time for a fresh start?
Langley staff work within a set of values that truly shape the way we work. If you, a loved one, or someone you are seeking a safe placement for as a commissioner of services, are in need of registered care and have a history of offending, let us help.