Box Tree Cottage is an Independent Approved Premises run in partnership with HM Prison and Probation Service – HMPPS. The service is also the base for managing 4 supported housing properties in the community for men with convictions.
The Independent Approved Premises (IAP) offers accommodation and meaningful activities that are tailored to meet individual needs in order to minimise the risk of reoffending. With space for 17 men this service opened in April 2022 in a site operated by Langley for over 40 years. It is national resource extending provision in West Yorkshire.
The Approved Premises does not accept direct referrals. All referrals are sent to the National Probation Service Central Referral Unit.
IAP Provision at Box Tree Cottage
- Responsive, individually tailored and purposeful support for all residents
- An inclusive approach designed to meet rehabilitation and resettlement needs
- Support to build self-esteem and a positive self-identity
- Where appropriate, support to reconnect with family, find employment and a permanent home
- Trained staff contribute to ongoing assessment and management of all residents, including Multi-Agency Public Protection Arrangements (MAPPA) and Integrated Offender Management (IOM)
Box Tree Cottage Supported Housing Features
- 24-bed community service across 4 properties in the Bradford region
- For medium to low risk clients
- Length of stay is usually 2 years, but can be longer in some cases
- Men receive weekly support from staff to address needs and work towards independence
- Signposting to local voluntary services such as drug and alcohol rehabilitation
Time for a fresh start
If you, a loved one, or someone you are seeking a safe placement for as a commissioner of services, are in need of supported housing and have a history of offending, let us help.
Note, we do not take direct referrals for the IAP provision.