Langley people are the lifeblood of our organisation, and we strive to involve, listen to, value and celebrate each person who chooses to work with us. We have designed our regular People Conferences, People Awards and Shine Awards to promote the celebration of each other’s contributions.
We understand the vital role Equality, Diversity and Inclusion plays in creating an environment in which our people can reach their full potential. We appreciate and celebrate difference and individuality, respecting everyone as being made in God’s image and having an intrinsic value.
We have a vibrant community with a number of active staff networks to get involved with – these include networks for ethnically diverse staff, women, younger workforce and LGBTQIA+. This enables everyone to bring their whole self to work.
Our Staff Engagement Group is an elected group of staff members across Langley who meet regularly with senior managers to ensure the voice of our staff is represented and valued. This group ensures that everyone’s voice is heard in Langley.
Wellbeing impacts us all. We support one another and invite our people to contribute their best ideas and experiences to protect and promote personal wellbeing and growth. We offer professional services to provide further support, recognising that wellbeing is an integral part of life.
We offer a range of benefits to promote wellbeing. We know that everyone is different, and our benefits allow you to choose those which mean more to you, whatever your stage of life.
- Our holiday flat in Torquay provides a unique opportunity for our staff and their families to have a break at a very low cost
- All staff can apply for a Blue Light card (cost is covered by Langley) which provides online and in-store discounts for people working in the social care sector
- Family-friendly policies include flexible working, varied shift patterns, and remote working where applicable
- Bespoke Career Development programme and tool (MYCareer) which offers our staff the opportunity to clearly see their career path and achieve their aspirations
- Employer Supported Volunteering (ESV) scheme to allow you to volunteer in other services and teams, or to shadow a desired role for career progression
- Regional weighting, long service awards, and enhanced company sick pay from day one
- Death in service benefit of up to 3 times your annual salary
- Car allowance available for certain roles
- Free car parking is normally available and we cover expenses for meals and overnight accommodation if travel for work is required
Health and Wellbeing:
- Annual leave increases by year of service up to 30 days – plus bank holidays – with some roles having 30 days from day one
- Access to Smart Health – an extensive health service free to staff including a 24/7 virtual GP for you and your family
- Our EAP Programme provides counselling, budget management and mental health support
- Eye test vouchers and free flu vaccination
- Free hot meals available during your shifts at some services
- We are a Christian organisation welcoming staff, clients and volunteers of all faiths and none
- Our chaplaincy team and your manager can point you in the direction of support to help you grow in your Christian faith
- We run spiritual retreats for our people leaders
- The senior leadership team are offered 3 paid days a year for spiritual reflection
- Our Prayer Network also provides the opportunity for prayer
At Langley we care about people – and that includes our staff. We are committed to helping you grow professionally, starting with your introduction into the Trust and continuing with ongoing development over the course of your career. We offer a blended learning approach, which includes a buddy and on-the-job training, a study sponsorship scheme and learning tailored to support your professional development. Our Learning Hub offers online training courses and helpful resources that you will work through at your own pace.
From ongoing feedback through regular supervision and appraisals to a diverse range of learning and development opportunities, delivered in-house or through specialist partners, we’re committed to empowering our people to develop and expand their opportunities to learn.
Our career development programme offers staff the opportunity to clearly see their career path within the Trust. This will equip you with the tools and support you need to achieve your aspirations. We also offer apprenticeship opportunities and run our own accredited Management Development Programme for staff wishing to progress into management.